Thursday, March 15, 2018

What I Learned From Watching Someone Else Teach

A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to watch my best friend teach.

She teaches 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades various subjects in a small school.
I teach Kindergarten, so you can imagine the differences in our classrooms.

Here are some things I have learned from that experience.


  • If you respect your students, they will respect you.
  • You have instant camaraderie with a 5th grader if you ask him what's for lunch today.
  • Jenga blocks can be used like dominoes.
  • The analytical prowess of an 11-year-old is impressive.
  • 3rd grade girls surpass the maturity of 5th grade boys by about two years. 
  • 5th graders can be a lot quieter than Kindergartners.
  • There is hope for my Kindergarten kids to become focused, quiet 5th graders.
  • All kids love Jenga blocks
  • All kids love to play
  • There is an exponential amount of knowledge from Kindergarten to 5th grade.
  • They CAN SIT STILL! :)
  • experiments with gum are the best! 
  • Apparently 5th graders are resourceful at finding out you have a boyfriend.
  • Apparently 5th graders are able to find their teacher's boyfriend's address online.
  • Again, 5th graders are very resourceful people.
  • I'm so glad I don't teach 5th graders who ask invasive questions.
  • My best friend may be one of the most patient people I've ever met.
  • She is definitely the most patient person I know.
  • 5th grade boys are really good at pushing the rules. 
  • 5th grade boys might also be some of the funniest kids I've met.
  • My best friend is one of the best teachers I know. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment