Thursday, May 26, 2016

Love God, Love People

Hello, my name is Hanna, and I am an over-analyzer.

Hi Hanna

But I have been realizing lately, that some things just don't need to be analyzed quite so deeply.
Some truths are simple and straightforward.
For example,

What are the two greatest commandments?

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.  This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Matthew 22:37-39

That's it.
Love God with all of you, and love people.

Neither of these are always easy tasks, nor are they simple, I mean, how do we Love people who we don't agree with for one thing? How do we love people, even if they've done something terrible? How do we really love God, for that matter?

Ok, so evidently this isn't as simple as I originally thought. Meaning, that analysis is needed again.

But since it's late, and I have a fourth grade field trip to attend tomorrow, I will leave my readers with a little bit of mystery.

How do we Love God, and Love people?

What does this look like?

How can we as believers do these things every day?

Hanna Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment